The Bucs recently inked Conte, a former Cal Golden Bear and third round pick of the Bears in 2011. If you Google his name you’ll find a lot of unflattering comments concerning his allegedly poor play in Chicago. Are those comments valid? Well, first you must consider that the disparaging remarks were made by Bears fans, a group notorious for inbreeding. That said, Conte has certainly not justified his 3rd-round pedigree, and film of the guy reveals that he has struggled mightily at times versus both the pass and the run. But here’s the deal: if you’ve studied Tampa2 defenses for any amount of time you know that young DBs struggle to find their feet within it. Even Buc greats like Kelly and Lynch and Barber experienced considerable growing pains as they adjusted to their responsibilities within the scheme. Simply put, it takes time to be a consistently good DB in the Tampa 2.
- LB Khaseem Greene and S Derrick Wells: More Smart Defensive Additions
- DJ Swearinger: Bucs add a High-Maintenance Hammer
- Bucs 2015 Draft Review: One Too Many Gambles
- Could a trade (for a vet QB) be in the works?
- What the Tebow-to-Eagles move could mean to the Bucs’ draft plans
- Trading Mike Glennon: A Study in Empty Arguments
- 2015 Bucs’ Mock Draft: A Winston-less Approach
- Winston the #1 Overall Pick? Surely You Jest
- Sterling Moore: Budding Talent at Cornerback
- Bruce Carter: Versatile Freak at Linebacker